This document has been posted on the site un-altered - except for formatting and modifications required for HTML conversion. Any comments by dj.com.au have been highlighted by being coloured yellow.
9. To Organise A Dance Party
A flow chart of the major things a promoter should do to organise a Dance Party.
As soon as possible
- Decide on the area you want to hold the Dance party in.
- Check Council local planning instruments to find out where a Dance party can be held, and what approvals and consents are needed.
- Identify a venue for the Dance party.
- Check with local Council for suitability of the venue and what is needed to apply to Council to hold the party there.
- Discuss travel, safety, security arrangements for the party with local Police.
- Lodge the necessary applications with the Council to hold the Dance party at the venue.
- Arrange public liability insurance cover.
- If needed, contact the Court Registry of the Licensing Court of NSW for a liquor licence, or to hold an under 18s dance party on licensed premises.
- Talk to local bus companies/SRA about transport arrangements for the event as needed.
- Hire licensed security staff, appoint Security Controller, make security plans.
- Notify local Police of Council approval.
- Hire adequate first aid staff.
- Advise the Fire Brigade, Ambulance, Health Dept of the event.
During the event
- Make sure refreshments, especially water, are available during the event.
- Keep a written record of any violence, ill health etc.
Within 24 hours of the event finishing
- Organise and carry out a clean up of the venue.